Monday, November 30, 2009

It's Monday I've decided

Yes, I've decided. It's Monday and I have an essay due tomorrow I haven't started. Something about Poe and Dickenson I can't be bothered with at the moment. And why? Because I'm going somewhere. Somewhere different. Really different! I, Andrea, am leaving the country. By myself, on a jet plane, for the first time in my life. This is happening.
I am rooted here. Completely and utterly rooted. I've never moved. I've lived in the same two-bedroom house all my twenty years, with the same mother and the same (lame) brother. I'm kidding. I love my brother, that little asshole. No, I do. The prick.

My plate is full. Tension is rising. Three days 'til I leave. I picked up my visa today, $500 worth of travellers checks, and an Oral-B toothbrush with two rolls of masking tape as per requested by my India correspondant, Nitya.

Nitya is my "teacher." Okay, he's my yoga teacher. I know this may conjure up an image of a trim early-thirties "hippy" hummin' OMMM, wearing Lululemon and a motivational Tee, but no. Nitya is a chipper Indian man in his 40s with a wonderful daughter and a presumably rockin' wife I will meet very shortly. He married her last time he was in India. In mid-November he went back to see her.

Nitya will meet me at Cochin airport on December 5th. From there, who knows what will happen! My mind refuses to conceptualize a world that is completely unknown to me. All I know is that it will be a mindfuck of a time. And that's all I want to know for now.

Soon I will pack. Wednesday I'll pack. Thursday I leave. This is gonna be some adventure, I tell you! I'd like for this blog to be a conduit between me in India and you in Canada (or where ever!). There is me now, and there will be me, after India. I can feel the change coming, it's difficult to deal with at times. I am experiencing a premature intensity of feeling that needs an outlet. That's probably why I decided to hop on my bike today and ride around the city. I need an outlet! or I get mad. And I don't wanna be mad. A climax is coming - with its subsequent transformation. Let's do this together.

I'm in a new place now, and I will be soon. Why do homework with all this excitement buzzing around me?

2 comments:

Heather said...

Andrea!

I'll keep reading if you keep writing. This feels like the beginning to a wonderful story with many exciting sub-stories wrapped up inside of it. Please keep writing. Or.... I'll punch you.. in the uterus.

Good luck on your wonderful life journey. But I'll see you before you go.

Love
Heather

Andrea "City Slicker" Werhun said...

omg love

Post a Comment